Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sydney Trip Day 5 ~ Bondi Junction + Bondi Beach

Time flies~ Today is my 5th day at Sydney and I'll be going back to Adelaide tomorrow =( But 5 days is enough for me to explore the place, at least I've seen and been to the places that I had planned beforehand.

So for today, we'll be going to Bondi
Junction & Bondi Beach. We need to board a train to reach Bondi. So the first thing in this morning is to find our way to King Cross station. We spent some time trying to find where's the entrance. And guess what? We managed to find it after asking around, you can't see anything near a train station anywhere on the street at King Cross, but a lift!! So, we actually need to take this lift, from the middle of the road, down to the station. This is something i never tried before~ Weird but interesting at the same time~ haha...

So when we finally reach Bondi, we started off by strolling along Bondi Junction, where there's lots of souvenir shops, restaurants and boutiques.

Again, we settled our lunch at one of the food court then board
a bus to Bondi Beach. It seems to be Sydney's most popular beach, especially during summer. Heard the beach would be as crowded as pasar malam during that season of the year. Lol!! What a bad description for a beach~ Haha~

Anyway, we went to get our beach wear ready to take some nice photos at the beach =p Previously I went to Glenelg in Adelaide, and that was during winter so the beach was quite deserted. Haha~ But its totally different at Bondi, we were there on a Wednesday and there was quite a lot of people. The waves were great and thats why surfing was the main water sport. The weather was ok but still a bit cold cos its just the beginning of spring, or i should say winter is still in the air during that period of time. Luckily it was a very sunny day, makes me feel more comfortable with the weather, haha~ never ever loved the sun so much in my life~ not at all when I'm in Spore or Msia.

Around evening, we took a train to North Sydney to meet Li Eng's
ex-tuition teacher who migrated to Sydney about a year ago. Along the journey, the train actually traveled across Sydney Harbour Bridge. Cool~ At least i get to go across the bridge, not by myself but with the help of the train. Haha~ We went for Italian cuisine and had Japanese green tea ice cream for desserts. It was a super duper full night~ Lol!!

So, that marks the end of my Sydney trip...The next morning, its time to say Bye-bye to Sydney and Hello~ to my home sweet home in Adelaide~ ^_^

3 comments:

Gabriel said...

king cross station!??!
Did you go to platform 9 3/4 ??

You could have board the Hogwarts Express and go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! You could've become a witch~!!!

Oh wait... that king cross station is in london right?? Why you go to the fake wan?? =P

EuNiCe Su PiNG said...

I wished it was the station that could bring me to Hogwarts, then i could've learn some magic and turn you into whatever i want you to be!!

Oops...sounded like I'm a bit evil...haha~

Gabriel said...

nono. you can turn me into a handsome prince...

ehh.. no need hor.. just turn me into a prince... cause handsome enough.. muahahhahaha