Monday, November 5, 2007

Tasmania Trip Day 6 ~ Salamanca Market + Historic Richmond

Time really flies man~ Its already our 6th day in Tasmania and we'll all be heading back tomorrow. But before that, there's still 2 more places to go - Salamanca weekend market and the historic village of Richmond.

We went to Salamanca at around 9 am and started strolling along one whole stretch of stalls. There's lots and lots of stalls at this weekend market. They sell almost everything, like art & craft, clothes, books, food and wine, etc. Its something like pasar malam in Msia but its a morning market in Hobart. Haha~ And they are only open on Saturday morning! Initially we wanted to go back on Saturday but in the end, we decided to stay back for the market cos its really interesting. Lots of people were there and I like that kind of atmosphere. Haha~

My favourite stall was the House of Fudge. You guys know why? Cos they offered free tasting!! Haha~ And I seriously loved chocolates so so so much! I know I'm fat already...but lets not worry about that first...lol~ Anyway, I'm not the only one who went for the tasting ok~ Shirlin and Santiago went as well. And they can't stop trying too! Cos its very nice~ Haha~ And there's so many different flavours...so we ended up trying non-stop...

Eventually, I bought 10 bars!! But I'm not gonna finish it all by myself of course, i
ts actually for you guys...I'm bringing back nice stuffs to share with you all ok~ Faster thank me! Haha~ Here's some pics of the stall, me and my chocolate fudges... =p

I think I skipped lunch that day...felt
so full after so many rounds of tasting, lol~

After visiting the market, we joined a half day tour to Richmond, the oldest village in Australia. Since its the oldest place of all, they basically have all the oldest buildings there, like the oldest Roman Catholic Church, the oldest bridge and the oldest prison. Haha~ Here are some of the pics.

By the way, we discovered one funny thing about Santiago and his friends. They have this project where they will bring along a photo of their pet, Oxo, wherever they go... Basically, they will take pictures of new places together with the pet to show that Oxo actually been there as well. Its quite interesting though...but funny at the same time~

I secretly took a picture of Santiago & Oxo at the Richmond Bridge. Have a look~ They looked funny~ Haha~ He'll kill me if he sees this blog... Lol!! But I don't care =p

No comments: