Friday, December 28, 2007

First ever Melbourne trip [10-20 Nov 07] I LOVED IT !!

Recalling back to somewhere near the end of my semester of exchange... Study break starts after 9 Nov and I only have one paper which falls on 22 Nov :S That means i have almost 2 weeks to study for that paper. Thats such a big gap in between!! Oh my god~

Out of a sudden, a question popped up in my mind. "Am i gonna stay in Adelaide? Having nothing else better to do except for that paper?" [Of course NOT!!] I said to myself... Its definitely a waste of money as my accommodation itself already cost about AUD 190 per week.

So, on Nov 10, I decided to spend 150 aussie dollars instead, bought my 2-way ticket to Melbourne where I get to stay with my aunt. She's my mum's twin sister, so in a way, i get to 'see' my mum! Wahaha~ I really had a weird feeling when I saw her that day, partly because its been 4 months since I last saw my mum :(

Well, lets talk about my stay in Melbourne. I've never been to this place and I seriously loved it after my 2 weeks stay. Its beautiful and vibrant, nice city view, friendly people and lovely houses. And there's so much things to do and see. Thats why i didn't manage to explore the whole place, even after my 2nd trip there. Yupe, I went to Melbourne again after exams and stayed there for another week, waiting for my family to come over for a tour.

As my aunt had to work and my younger cousin had to go school, so I basically did my travelling alone. So poor thing~ Haha...but anyway, its another kind of new experience for me. Here's some photos of those places...
Flinders Street Station

St Paul's Cathedral

Federation Square...unique architecture

Queen Victoria Market

When I was roaming in the city, I saw these horse carriages, they are specially catered for the tourists, like me~. Its kinda cute by the way, but I didn't go for it as you need to pay and I think its quite expensive. Haha~


Besides exploring around, I also learned how to make muffins from my aunt. Haha~ We plugged free mulberries from another aunt's place. It was planted right in front of their house. By the way, I have 2 aunts in Melbourne. Hehe =p So we made mulberries muffins with raisins and a bit of oats and crushed nuts as toppings. Have a look~ Its yummy~ !!

No comments: