Thursday, September 13, 2007

~I just *LOVE* my dance class~

Just finish watching "So You Think You Can Dance", my favourite tv program over here. Hehe~ And guess what? I actually did one of my elective on dance as well. Its called Dance, Fitness & Training. You don't find this kind of electives in Spore or Msia uni right? I really love this subject so so so much~ Its interesting, its fun, and most importantly, its something that i always wanted to study!! I went for dancing classes before, but never had it in the form of classes where you have lecture on some dance and body movements theories, then tutorial for group presentation, and finally, the best part of it, our practical lessons!! This is the class i will look forward to every week, in fact after every lessons! Haha~ You can see how crazy i am towards it. Here's a pic of my classroom, secretly took it while watching the other half of the class doing some movements exercise =p By the way, i love the classroom too!! Very spacious...big wide mirrors, typical classroom for dancing.

This morning, it was my group's turn to do the presentation. We presented on Chinese Dance, its something different though, cos so far other groups presented on ballet, yoga, salsa, line dancing and cha cha, more western style of dancing i suppose. So when one of my groupmate who's from China suggested Chinese Dance, we agreed to give it a go. Besides doing some ppt slides, we need to teach the class some dance steps related to our topic as well. At first, we were afraid that our classmates might have a hard time adapting to the Chinese classical music, cos we are all so used to the beats like 5-6-7-8, Go! But surprisingly, the class's response was quite encouraging and our instructor was very satisfied with our performance! Haha~
It makes us feel really really happy~ I took some pics during our practical and here they are, my classmates are cute & supportive, gonna miss them during this coming sem break, 2 we
eks before the next class! =(

Looking forward to seeing them again, in the meanwhile, need to practice my funk dance, yupe, its our 'homework' during the break~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg...this is a class...?

its like super fun....man why dont they have like 10 aus here which have this kind of module..

sigh